Electrical stimulation is the application of electrical impulses to muscles to stimulate muscular contractions. It aids in pain management and prevents muscle atrophy (muscle loss).
What conditions can be treated?
- Orthopedic or neurological injuries/diseases
- Fracture repairs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Edema (abnormal accumulation of fluid beneath the skin)
What are the benefits?
- Maintaining muscle mass in an injured limb
- Increased joint mobility
- Increased circulation
- Increased muscle strength
- Reduces pain and inflammation